Share This Post to reach it to maximum persons 🙂
Booklist for NABARD given here https://jagtarmalwa.com/blog/home/nabard/
As I already suggested you the resources from where you may prepare for NABARD Grade A Exam . These are basic resources from where you may got 90% of your paper .
Remember success has no shortcut .Here your competition is with RBI and UPSC aspirants . So you need to prepare at least up to that level.
So here are some suggestion how to prepare :-
Focus on Syllabus of 120 marks . Prepare Computer which is easiest section ( Try to score cent percent from here )
work on English Comprehension get used to language of Economics terminology of Banking etc . You will probably two comprehensions these will be directly related to topics of syllabus .Other Topics to focus here should error identification and cloze Test .
This will be of about 30 marks .
In reasoning prepare Puzzles, blood relation , inequality ,syllogism and series .
In math prepare series ,quadratic equation ,STD ,Profit Loss, Diagram based question .
in GK :- 9 month and factual type GK they used to ask in Banking Exam .
Try to get at least 90 marks from 120 .
As there is time and most part of paper is not time consuming I think you may solve full paper in 2 hours including all questions of Maths and reasoning .
Now come to Prelim ESI and Agriculture :-
In prelim both these section will be factual based questions .
Type of Questions asked in previous prelim Exam of NABARD are as follow :-
- Institute (IRRI) as a part of the South Asia Regional Centre situated on the campus of National Seed Research and Training Centre (NSRTC) in – Varanasi
- China naval base in Africa is located at – Djibouti
- At present the authorised capital of NABARD is Rs 5,000 crore and there is a proposal to increase it to – Rs 30,000 crore
- Inter-governmental body responsible for promoting and protecting human rights around the world – United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC)
- World Food Summit 2017 will be held in – New Delhi
- Full form of PLSS – Public Land Survey System
- Budget allocation amount for Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana is – Rs 9000 crore
- India’s rank in 2017 Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) Index – 116
- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana will benefit youth of India and make them the most employable and with better skill sets by the year – 2022
- Indian Institute of Liver and Digestive Sciences – West Bengal
- India largest commodity exchange – MCX
- Function of IMF – To maintain Balance of Payments (BoP)
- FAO (Food and Agriculture Organization ) Headquarter – Rome, Italy
- NFSM Full Form – National Food Security Mission
- First Agricultural University in India- G. B. Pant University
- PM Mudra Yojana is associated with– MSME sector
- Which of the following is not a part of World Bank Group? – BIS(Bank for International Settlements)
- For Horticultural crops the premium paid by farmers – 5%
- The government linked how many wholesale mandis in India with the electronic national agriculture market (e-NAM) to ensure that farmers get better rates for their produce AM(National Agriculture Market) – 585
- SDG target year – 2030
- Base year was changed in the year – 2011-2012
- As per Economic survey, The Indian economy is projected to grow in 2017-18– 6.75 to 7.5 per cent
- In ‘ELSS’, ‘E’ stand for- Equity
- Agriculture growth in the year 2015-16 – 1.2%
- FDI in India in the year 2016 to touch – 46 billion USD
- UBI Full Form – Universal Basic Income
- ICAR founded in the year-1929
- Swaranjayanti Yojana renamed to NRLM in which year?-2011
- The premium rate for Rabi Crop for the year 2016-1.5%
- The optimum temperature for rice cultivation is between- 25°C and 35°C
- As per NABARD, Loan Repayment period for Poultry Broiler Farming is –6 to 8 years
In Agriculture Section of Prelim Question asked were tough ( as paper was same for Specialist and generalist )
Questions like Depth of Tiling , , Amount of N in Kg of Nitrogen 100kg . Similar question about Potassium .
these questions according to me were for Specialist you need to answer here only question like Aurobindi is variety of which crop ,Soil having highest clay %,Crops in different climate like tropics and subtropics . and above type of questions .
So here is Guide for these two sections :
Deep factual study for ESI from current and static portion .
Only Basic factual study of Agriculture
By this way you will be able to answer at least 60 questions out of 80 question of these two sections .
So you will able to attempt 150 out of 200 . which is good enough attempt to clear prelim out of 200 .
For Mains :-
In mains question will be paragraph based for ESI like this :-
Read the following passage and answer the given questions:
Data released earlier this year revealed a landmark event for the Indian economy that
went largely unnoticed: agricultural workers now comprise less than half the workforce
for the first time in the history of the Indian economy and its contribution to GDP is
less than 14 percent. However in recent years even as the non-agricultural economy
remains weak, overall growth has been propped up to the extent it has by the growth
of the overall rural economy. And while within the rural economy itself, non-farm
activities are becoming increasingly significant, close to two or three workers depend
on agriculture for an important part of their income. Lower production from earlier
years, higher cultivation costs and weaker yields bode ill for farm incomes and by
extension for the rural economy as a whole. If rural incomes are hit, there could be
bigger demand for work under the rural employment guarantee scheme. Though there
is a government proposal to restrict MGNREGA to tribal districts only, if farm incomes
remain weak this feeds into the rest of the economy and the intention of the
government to see this policy through could well be tested.
Q. 1. What do the statistics regarding the agricultural sector cited in the passage indicate?
(1) Farm incomes are likely to be hit by low global commodity prices and weak or
(2) Overall agricultural output will fall significantly this year despite sustained
(3) Factors such as a weak monsoon have resulted in an agricultural deficit
(4) The agricultural sector is very important to the economy despite its falling
contribution to India’s GDP
(5) Agriculture must employ more workforce
. Which of the following is a welcome development?
(1) Bigger demand for work under rural employment guarantee scheme
(2) Non-agricultural economy remaining weak
(3) Agriculture workforce becoming less than half of the total workforce
(4) Higher cultivation costs
(5) Restricting MGNREGA to tribal district
Q.3. Which of the following best defines MGNREGA?
(1) Guaranteeing 100 days of wage-employment to a rural household
(2) Guarantee for a minimum price for agriculture yields in rural areas
(3) Guaranteeing crop assurance and minimum price for agriculture yields in rural
(4) Guaranteeing crop assurance and minimum price for agriculture yields in tribal
(5) Guaranteed regular employment of one adult member in rural areas in a farm or
Q.4-5. Read the following paragraph and answer the given questions.
The resettlement home, where Velayudhan’s mother was admitted, has limited
facilities with one physically challenged old doctor to attend around 200 inmates.
There are some nurses deputed by the People’s Council for Social Justice, a not-forprofit
organization. The care-home lacks proper provisions, medicines and
accessories like bed sheets and cleaning materials.
The condition of Velayudhan and his mother suggests a big gap in the muchacclaimed
decentralized anti-poverty programmes of the state and local selfgovernments
(LSG), said noted economist Prof K K George. “There is a need to go
beyond the BPL and APL categorization. What we need is a micro-level intervention
to identify the individual disabilities among the poor and the rich,” he said.
Q.4. What is meant by APL?
(1) After Poverty Limit (2) Above Poverty Line (3) Above Poverty Limit
(4) At Poverty Line (5) Other than those given as options
Q.5. Why do we need to ‘go beyond the BPL and APL categorization’?
(1) We need to provide benefits of anti-poverty programmes to all BPL and APL
(2) We need to identify only individual disabilities and categorise them to get the
benefit of anti-poverty programme
(3) We need to consider individual disabilities to categorise them to get the benefit
of anti-poverty programme
(4) Anti-poverty intervention is needed by both BPL and APL and rich
(5) Micro-level intervention is required by local self-governments
7. Read the following paragraph and answer the given questions.
The Eighth Five Year Plan (1992-97), was launched keeping in mind the necessity implementing measures for stabilization and structural adjustment subsequent to the
Balance of Payments (BOP) crisis of 1991. The Plan took into account the changes
that were to be expected in the economy on account of the adoption of these reform
measures, while keeping in mind the poor performance of the economy in the base
year,1991-92. In the base year the rate of inflation was in double digits, while the
overall growth rate of GDP for that year was negligible.
Q.6. What is the unit of measurement of GDP?
(1) Percentage or proportion
(2) Absolute numberof goods and services
(3) Monetary terms (Rupees, Dollars etc.)
(4) Absolute number per capita
(5) Other than those given as options
Q.7. What is the role of Five Year Plans in India?
(1) To control GDP and BOP only
(2) To plan for overall development of different production sectors
(3) To plan for overall development of different production sectors as well as
(4) To plan for overall development of the country and approve budgetary allocation
(5) To plan for overall agricultural development of the country and allocate
Q.8. According to Socio Economic and Caste Census (SECC) exercise that started in
2011 the total number of households in India are around _____.
(1) 17.39 crore
(2) 19.39 crore
(3) 21.39 crore
(4) 24.39 crore
(5) 27.39 crore
Q.9. Which of the following types of initiatives by the Government cannot be classified as
an anti poverty programme?
(1) Urban poverty alleviation programme
(2) Castes based reservation in jobs
(3) Self-employment programmes
(4) Social Security programmes
(5) Wage employment programme
Scheme of this Exam will be like this
One Mark Question will be similar to prelim but toughness and factual type here will be less .Agriculture Question will also be basic .
More info you may download From Here
Last year in English were
Long Term Measure to tackle flood during monsoon .
How Crop Insurance would benefit farmers
Should summer vacation done away with ? what can be done to make it more productive ?
Are we losing moral and social values .
Challenges in providing healthcare in rural communities
Letter were to Bank Manager about lost of ATM Card ,
to newspaper / someone known about benefit of govt schemes like Fasal Bima Yojna etc
Paragraph and precis was on Foreign Policy
To prepare this paper write daily on one topic from newpaper/ economic survey / syllabus .
you may write alternatively an Essay / application/ letter .
try to write precis on any article given in newspaper .
Population Cycle like initially we had low high birth rate and hight death rate .
Paragraph on PM Aadarsh Gram Yojna
One paragraph on IMF
One Paragraph on WTO
for source of these topics you may read newspaper pib.nic.in and other reports like Eco Survey .
other questions those were askes
UNESCO education fair related like No of Countries participated .
Most abundant type of Soil in India
Question on 2nd green revolution
Soil Health Card
Farmer’s Income Target year
Lead bank Launch year
Loan for machinery
Man can produce how much HP
Depth of ploughing for deep rooted crops .
read about BG of topic in news related to syllabus .
for e.g if you are reading about MGNREGA ( you must know about when it was started , how many days employment it provide , any recent change in it )
that is the best way to prepare this section .
along with static type of questions you prepared for prelims .
Anything else you want to know you may ask in Comment section .
or ask on channel on https://t.me/Ias_Aspirant007
or my website :- jagtarmalwa.com
or FB group https://www.facebook.com/groups/jagtar.malwa